Carlton Drimaster System
Every home can benefit from a Drimaster system and you will save a considerable amount in the initial outlay and in filters compared to other ventilation systems on the NZ market.
Carlton has been installing Drimaster units for over 15 years and clients have nothing but praise for the Drimaster 2000. If you are considering a ventilation system then the Drimaster needs to be on your shopping list. Call one of the friendly team at Carlton Electrical on (09) 421 9067 to discuss.
The Facts – Drimaster 2000
The Drimaster 2000 is the NZ’s leading low cost, low energy positive input ventilation unit.
The Drimaster provides whole home ventilation using the Positive Input Ventilation principle.
Essentially the concept is to introduce fresh, filtered air into the dwelling at a continuous rate, encouraging movement of air from inside to outside. To achieve this, the unit is mounted in the roof space, drawing air through the filters and inputting it, at ceiling level, into the property.
The Drimaster units are supplied with a remote temperature sensor that works in conjunction with the units internal sensor. This sensor continuously monitors the temperature in the ceiling and house, boosting the air volume when the ceiling cavity temperature is greater than the house (heat recovery mode).
If the roof cavity temperature becomes excessive the unit will switch to standby mode (no airflow). Once installed, the airflow can be set to suit the house size and, if required, the way it responds to the temperature changes within.
Features & Benefits
Complies with Building Regulations Ventilation requirements in NZ and contributes towards ‘conservation of fuel and power’.
- Extremely low power consumption – average approximately 0.16 watts/litre/second.
- Fully automatic with ‘Intelligent Heat Recovery’.
- Very low maintenance requirement (filter replacement every 5 years).
- Unit/filter status indication provided.
- Whisper quiet operation.
- Optional heater kit available.
- Optional manual boost switch available.
- Significantly improves indoor air quality.
- 5 year unconditional parts and labour warranty.
Intelligent 4 way heat recovery
- Solar gain in your roof space.
- The expensive heat from your home heating system that passes through the roof space insulation.
- The unique Drimaster diffuser that recirculates the heat at ceiling level on your landing.
- The patented, intelligent heat recovery system that will boost the fan when the temperature in your loft is greater than that in your home (in the heating season).
5year life filters
- Huge filters (0.47 sq.m) that only need replacement once every 5 years. NB: There is no other maintenance required.
- G4 grade, which means that they are so fine they will even exclude pollen and any other particle up to 5 microns in size (that’s great for hay fever sufferers).
Net energy gain
- Fan uses only 5 watts of electrical power (on average).
- Average energy gain of approximately 100 watts of heat.
For most of the time it is unlikely that you will hear or be aware that your Drimaster 2000 is operating.
6 speeds to choose from
House sizes and occupancy levels vary so your Drimaster 2000 can be adjusted to exactly suit your home.
This will ensure that it will always match your needs.
Easy nondisruptive installation
Your Drimaster 2000 is fitted in the roof space, out of sight, no holes to knock through walls or new glass for windows. Your installer will need to fit the diffuser in your ceiling (usually on your landing). All this usually takes just a couple of hours.
Automatic cut off when the temperature in the loft becomes excessive
During sunny months the temperature in your roof space can be excessive. At this time of year it would be uncomfortable to bring this heat into your already warm home.
Your Drimaster 2000 will sense this condition and automatically move to standby mode. The unit will start again automatically when the temperature reduces to an acceptable level.